Here’s some more movement on some DRAFT RECOMMENDATIONS from the Task Force — and an opportunity for you to stand up, speak out, and provide input tomorrow.
The Task Force on 21st Century Policing held a public teleconference yesterday in order to deliberate on best practices and recommendations.
A deliberations teleconference will be held on Friday, February 27, 2015 beginning at 1:00 PM EST and continuing until at least 3:00 PM EST.
The Task Force will be considering a number of materials in their deliberations, including all of the testimony and public comments submitted throughout the listening session process. Testimony and public comments can be found on each of the listening session pages. Additionally, the following materials are also available for the Task Force for use in their deliberations:
As I scan these draft recommendations I am encouraged… Let me know what you think…
- Draft Potential Recommendations from Subcommittee on Building Trust and Legitimacy
- Draft Potential Recommendations from Subcommittee on Policy and Oversight
- Draft Potential Recommendations from Subcommittee on Technology and Social Media
- Draft Potential Recommendations from Subcommittee on Community Policing and Crime Reduction Strategies
- Draft Potential Recommendations from Subcommittee on Training and Education
- Draft Potential Recommendations from Subcommittee on Officer Safety and Wellness
- Draft Potential Overarching, Implementation and Additional Pillar Recommendations
- Bibliography of Additional Materials Submitted to the Task Force
- Minutes From White House Office of Public Engagement Listening Sessions
The deliberations will be held by teleconference only. To access the conference line, please call 1-866-906-7447 and, when prompted, enter access code 8072024#. For disability access please call 1-800-888-8888 (TTY users call via Relay).
Comments may also be submitted during the teleconference(s) hours via email to Comment@taskforceonpolicing.us.